Skip to content

Extra support (Scotland)

Our debt advisers will try to provide you with as much advice and support as possible. However, sometimes people need extra help.

If you have debts with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and need extra support due to communication, mental health or anxiety issues, or your case is very complicated, we may be able to refer you to HMRC Extra support. HMRC Extra support staff are caseworkers for clients who are referred to the service.

If the referrals mentioned above aren’t suitable and you need extra support, we will try to find other organisations that may be able to help.

We will also tell you about other organisations when we know that they will be able to give you other kinds of specialist advice that you need. For example, we may ask you to contact Turn2us to get help finding a grant or to complete a benefit calculation, or suggest you speak to Shelter for specialist housing advice.